Happy Friday the 13th, everyone!
Just dropping in to give you an update on some of our ongoing projects here at the Digital Press. The short version is that August is a cruel mistress. The long version looks like this:
- During the month of August, Vengar has sold 3 copies over the Amazon Kindle service. I’d be tempted to think the new cover is killing sales, except that…
- During the same period, free downloads at Feedbooks have spiked.
The red circle is the day Vengar was relaunched with a new cover. At least with the free crowd, the redesign appears to be a complete success.
- Sales at Smashwords are dead, Jim. Barring some kind of toxic chemical spill, I expect things to remain that way.
- In Kickstarter news, the Stars Rain Down funding project is on its fourth day, and is currently at $315, or roughly 9% complete. This is a good start, but I still need your help to make this success. Every time someone sees the project page, we inch just a little closer to the finish line, so please share this link with friends.
- Looking for more ways to help me raise money? Take a look at my tongue-in-cheek guide to fundraising!
The month is looking a little rough so far, but she’s only half passed. There’s still time to make this an August to remember, and with your help, we’re going to make it happen.