A few choice selections on the subject of indie writing:
- RedAdept asks indie authors Why Go Indie? Some of the answers are intriguing, most aren’t too surprising, and a few are hilarious.
- Debbi Mack tackles the author’s obsession with numbers in I’m Not A Number. A nice bit of perspective from an indie author who’s doing quite well for herself.
- MCM over at 1889 Labs tells us Why Print Is Bad For Indie Writers. Thought provoking piece with a lot of experience to back up his thesis.
- The Wall Street Journal posted ‘Vanity’ Press Goes Digital. I find the title a little less than ideal, but the article is actually chocked full of hope and success stories.
- On the other end of the spectrum is Laura Miller’s When anyone can be a published author, which takes a pretty dim view of the new wave of self-publishing. Her primary concern is how to wade through the mountains of crap to find the rare gem, and it’s a good question. Our success depends on coming up with a good answer.
So, any articles get your neurons all fired up this week? Let me know.